On April 8th, 2016, The MATE Desktop Environment team announced the release of the latest version of their desktop environment Mate 1.14.
After 5 months of development the MATE Desktop team are proud to announce the release of MATE Desktop 1.14. We’d like to thank every MATE contributor and user.
The announcement can be found here: http://mate-desktop.com/blog/2016-04-08-mate-1-14-released/
What’s new in Mate 1.14:
- Improved GTK+3 support across the entire MATE Desktop.
- Full GTK 3.20 support in all MATE themes.
- Client Side Decorated applications render correctly in all themes.
- Completely ported MATE System Monitor and Mozo to GTK+3 only.
- Touchpad configuration now supports edge and two-finger scrolling independently.
- Python extensions in Caja can now be managed separately.
- All three window focus modes are selectable.
- MATE Panel now has the ability to change icon sizes for menubar and menu items.
- MATE NetSpeed Applet has been merged into the MATE Applets package.
- MATE Terminal support VTE 2.91 API when built for GTK+3.
- Volume and Brightness OSD can now be enabled/disabled.
- Translations are updated. Thank you to our team of translators!
The software repository for the Mate 1.14 is now available for download on the Mate website.